We support organizations whose missions are to improve public awareness of cardiac and chronic pain conditions and device therapies that can change people's lives.
Advancing the State of Medical Knowledge
We support education, research and training programs that advance the practice of medicine. Our goal is to make life better for future generations.
We enhance life and the vitality of the communities where we live, particularly through contributions in the human services, civic and cultural arenas where a specific tie-in to cardiac and chronic pain conditions is possible.
The lists below provide general guidelines for appropriate and inappropriate use of grants from St. Jude Medical Foundation, along with the conditions each grant requestor and recipient must follow. Each grant request will be reviewed by the Foundation to ensure compliance with IRS self-dealing prohibitions and other applicable requirements.
All U.S. grants must be made only to public charities under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Please note: Governmental entities such as public and private schools and universities are the only exceptions to this rule.
Examples of appropriate use of Foundation Grants
- Community outreach requests
- Research study requests
- Mission trip requests
- K-12 education requests
- General operating support requests
Please note: Natural disaster relief is supported at the discretion of the Foundation Committee and support cannot be applied for directly.
To Apply for a Fellowship grant, please
visit the Professional Education
page on sjm.com.
- Each application must be received no less than 60 days prior to any scheduled event in which the funding is being requested.
- Each grant must be used for the purpose it was requested.
- No grant will be conditioned on any person or institution purchasing any product or services from St. Jude Medical, Inc.
- No part of a grant may be used to purchase devices that are made by St. Jude Medical, Inc. or devices that compete with those made by St. Jude Medical, Inc.